Letter: The bar can’t get lower
November 16, 2016
The backlash by what Hillary Clinton dubbed "deplorables" has come to roost in the election of the least prepared and most despised Republican presidential candidate in modern history. That he utterly destroyed 16 primary opponents without having to lay out a single coherent plan or idea but only with nasty and insulting rhetoric and a bottomless pit of lies and promises he can never believed he could keep, should have made Americans take notice that he was a proverbial three-alarm fire.
To those complacent Democrats, independents and yes, Republicans, plus the foolish voters who wasted their votes on Gary Johnson and Jill Stein, you have allowed the inmates to take over the asylum. I am today, without hope and asking myself whether I could have done more to prevent it.
Aspen and Palm Beach County, Florida
Trending In: Opinion
- Meredith C. Carroll: Some Aspen-specific thanks-giving
- John Colson: Let the school district’s third-party group do its work
- Glenn K. Beaton: I Bird, Lime, Lyft and Spin ‘cuz I was born to be wild
- As Perlmutter and friends take a swing at Pelosi, they’re missing the big picture
- Paul Andersen: Economics as if morality mattered
- Private club executive at Snowmass cited for harassing text messages
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director
- River Valley Ranch Golf in Carbondale gets new owner
- Snow, ski pass war and new Limelight expected to boost Aspen-Snowmass