Letter: The bar can’t get lower
November 16, 2016
The backlash by what Hillary Clinton dubbed "deplorables" has come to roost in the election of the least prepared and most despised Republican presidential candidate in modern history. That he utterly destroyed 16 primary opponents without having to lay out a single coherent plan or idea but only with nasty and insulting rhetoric and a bottomless pit of lies and promises he can never believed he could keep, should have made Americans take notice that he was a proverbial three-alarm fire.
To those complacent Democrats, independents and yes, Republicans, plus the foolish voters who wasted their votes on Gary Johnson and Jill Stein, you have allowed the inmates to take over the asylum. I am today, without hope and asking myself whether I could have done more to prevent it.
Aspen and Palm Beach County, Florida
Trending In: Opinion
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone