Letter: Roaring Fork Transportation Authority could do better
December 7, 2016
The 7:52 (Aspen Village stop) upvalley bus was 22 minutes late this morning (Dec. 7). A group of us stood out in 10-degree weather for nearly half an hour. We stood there freezing and watching as three bus-rapid-transit buses, two of which were nearly empty, drove by.
Meanwhile, our bus was stuck in traffic in Basalt. When you know the local bus is running so very late, perhaps the bus-rapid-transit buses could stop and pick up the frozen people that are late for work? With three bus-rapid-transit buses going upvalley, they would each only need make one or two extra stops (if that many) on the really frigid days.
Trending In: Opinion
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified