Letter: Proud of Aspen Skiing Co., Mike Kaplan’s stance
December 29, 2016
This letter is in response to the timely and elegant statements made by Mike Kaplan in his guest editorial ("We're still here," Dec. 27, The Aspen Times). The board of directors of AspenOUT (Roaring Fork Gay and Lesbian Community Fund) are proud of the stance taken by Mr. Kaplan and Aspen Skiing Co.
Nationwide, the LGBTQ community has made significant advances in recent years. The struggle has been long and arduous, and it is not over with yet. With the specter of decision reversals looming on the horizon, Mike Kaplan has made a definite declaration in defense of "our LGBQT friends, employees, guests and family members." The local LGBTQ population is proud to call Aspen home and stand alongside all of our beautiful, diverse neighbors throughout the Roaring Fork Valley. We're still here, and thank you all for making this valley a place to call home.
AspenOUT Board of Directors, Kevin McManamon, Melissa Temple, Kristi Kavanaugh, Reed Strathdee Lewis, Karen Kurt, Natalyn Cumings, Todd Chamberlin, Vince Johnson and Chris Walker
Trending In: Opinion
- Tony Vagneur: Reminiscing for moment for a bit of perspective, posterity
- Mike Littwin: How hot does a smoking gun need to be before Trump is truly burned?
- Roger Marolt: A slower shutter speed to capture a picture-perfect powder day
- Aspen Princess: Taking baby steps to navigate this back-breaking labor of love
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday