Letter: Pot greenhouse doesn’t belong in neighborhood
December 17, 2013
Pot greenhouse doesn't belong in neighborhood
Mr. Radtke, of Green Essentials and Green Dragon, I attended your dog and pony show (no questions allowed) with some of our county commissioners, and most of the neighborhood and I have some questions for you.
Just how are your "six to seven onsite employees" going to secure this operation 24/7/365 from the inevitable thievery/break-ins and possible cartel interests, and how are these "six or seven onsite employees" going to be trained/armed, and who will be certifying them?
It seems to me that it would be a much better idea to put this in an area zoned for commercial enterprises that has the infrastructure to handle this type of operation, security, power, plumbing and parking, among other things, for such a large-scale operation as this seems to be, 20,000 square feet, with the possibility to double that.
I am personally not against marijuana cultivation/use, per se, but I don't think our neighborhood is the place for it. And as far as I know, marijuana cultivation/use is still against federal law!
I hope that our county commissioners decide what the local neighborhod of small ranches and families want instead of ruining the character of the community !
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River