Letter: Making a difference
November 12, 2013
Making a difference
Thank you to the mayor and everyone from our community who came to the final session of the "Leading with Resilience and Grace" program for women who serve. The Aspen Meadows gave the women the experience of being treated like the extraordinary leaders they are, and our community made the women feel welcomed, honored and appreciated.
One donor, Christi Small, provided a new model for what an individual sponsor can be. Not only did her donation completely alter the life of an accomplished retired Air Force lieutenant colonel/commander, Christi took her to see "The Producers," and the following day took her for a day of sightseeing and exploring. The program gave this Gulf War veteran a future she never thought she would see for herself, and then with everything that Christi did for her, as the lieutenant colonel told me, her "heart was wide open."
Thank you to Christi, Aspen Meadows, Molly Gibson Lodge, M&M Catering, the mayor, Kari Granger and everyone from the Sunergos Institute who provided program, and all the donors and supporters who made the program possible. You have all had a hand in changing the course of history for the women who participated in the program, and I want you to know what a significant difference you made in the lives of real women who serve.
Trending In: Opinion
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American