Letter: Know your bacterial infections
November 17, 2016
I was glad to read the Nov. 13 article, "Experts caution about use of antibiotics." One thing not mentioned was that it is easy to test to see if one has a bacterial infection and what is the correct antibiotic to use (culture and sensitivity).
On Monday, I went on a tour of the terrific Bacteriology Laboratory at Aspen Valley Hospital. I was a bacteriologist almost 50 years ago at a major medical center in New York City and I saw resistant bacteria. I encourage patients to make sure they really have a bacterial infection and get the right antibiotic if they do.
Trending In: Opinion
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow