Letter: Know your bacterial infections
November 17, 2016
I was glad to read the Nov. 13 article, "Experts caution about use of antibiotics." One thing not mentioned was that it is easy to test to see if one has a bacterial infection and what is the correct antibiotic to use (culture and sensitivity).
On Monday, I went on a tour of the terrific Bacteriology Laboratory at Aspen Valley Hospital. I was a bacteriologist almost 50 years ago at a major medical center in New York City and I saw resistant bacteria. I encourage patients to make sure they really have a bacterial infection and get the right antibiotic if they do.
Trending In: Opinion
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire