Letter: Gratitude for Veterans Day support in Aspen
What a glorious day and an absolutely wonderful Veterans Day ceremony. I will try to remember and thank everyone.
• A sweet thank you to Louis Swiss for the gift of pastries and coffee.
• Thanks to Brandon and David for the “air time.”
• Thanks to the guys at the Hickory House for picking up our breakfast tab.
• Flags flying on Main Street — thanks, gang.
• The memorial park passed inspection. Job well done. Thanks, guys.
• Peace and quiet on Main Street; thanks Aspen Police Department and Community Resource officers.
• Alchemy Audio — good vibes.
• Father Brice — Thank you for the memories and powerful words.
• “In Flanders Field,” nicely read; thanks, Tom Buesch.
• The musical interlude and taps — well played (as usual). Thanks, Richard.
• Western Slope Veterans Coalition — Thanks, Charlie Hopton; good outreach.
Rachel Richards — thank you for your continued support, much appreciated.
• Dave Detwiler — a thank-you for presenting the future park plans.
• Jeannie Walla — always beautiful.
• Huts for Vets — an amazing program; keep on keepin’ on. Thanks, Paul Andersen.
• Roll call — what a powerful quote. “Do you know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?” Thanks, Darryl Grob.
• Remembering the fallen — many heartfelt memories. Thank you, all.
• Choral presentation — lovely and beautifully done. A special thank you to the three students who placed roses to honor our veterans.
• Elks Lodge No. 224 — What a lovely way to celebrate and end Veterans Day. Many thanks.
• Thanks to both papers for their coverage of the USMC birthday celebration and Veterans Day. Very much appreciated.
• A huge thank-you to the many wonderful people who come to honor and remember our veterans. You are the best!
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.