Letter: Down the tubes we go
December 13, 2016
It is clear to my dim wit that the President-Elect Tweetster is being Billy Bushed into carrying water to the swamp for the Moneyed, the no nonsense Military and the Fanatical Right.
Meanwhile, The Associated Press is already getting us accustomed to the idea of losing public housing funding, living with dirtier air/water and having health, safety and welfare laws rolled back that protect the now stagnant minimum-wage chumps.
Of course, the 1 percent are very happy about this direction. But why would any of the 99 percent be? Maybe we should follow the smart money and use our minimum wage to buy stock in private prisons.
Trending In: Opinion
- Paul Andersen: Haunting memory of probing for a body after an avalanche
- Mike Littwin: How hot does a smoking gun need to be before Trump is truly burned?
- Tony Vagneur: Reminiscing for moment for a bit of perspective, posterity
- Roger Marolt: A slower shutter speed to capture a picture-perfect powder day
- Rio Grande Trail campaign seeks to ‘Connect, Protect, Respect’ in Roaring Fork Valley
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche