Letter: Compassionate policing in Aspen
December 14, 2016
Thank you and congratulations to Sheriff Joe DiSalvo and Chief Richard Pryor. We have known Joe for many years and would expect this from him to take a fair and compassionate position on the immigration issue. We, as residents of Pitkin County for almost 50 years, know of the value to us of our immigrant friends, who work hard, obey the law and are good citizens.
Thanks to the chief for stepping up. We know another important reason why we love this place.
Ron and Claudine Austin
Trending In: Opinion
- Aspen Princess: Wildfires have a way of reminding us how small we are
- Sean Beckwith: An illustrated debate
- John Colson: Matthew Whitaker should not be our national top cop
- Tony Vagneur: Land rich, cash poor not a bad way to live the Aspen life
- Roger Marolt: Like red droplets of blood suspended in the air
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case