Letter: Are you ready for some Aspen snow polo?
December 14, 2016
The winter holidays in Aspen are always a very special time of the year, especially when Aspen is selected to host world events that showcase Aspen's natural mountainous views.
This coming weekend, Aspen will host the final stop for the World Snow Polo Championships with some of the world's best players and horses competing in Rio Grande Park.
Many thanks to Marc and Melissa Ganzi, co-founders of the Aspen Valley Polo Club, along with ambassador and St. Regis Connoisseur Nacho Figueras, for bringing the St. Moritz, Switzerland, event to Aspen.
The World Snow Polo event starts in Rio Grande Park at noon Saturday. On Sunday, games are from noon to 4 p.m. The polo matches are free alongside the fencing, while tickets to the tent are available online at Aspen Valley Polo Club website.
If you can't attend, Chukker TV will be filming the Snow Polo World Championships to be broadcast around the world.
We have so much to be thankful for as Aspen's natural beauty from Rio Grande Park and the wonderful holiday spirit are sure to captivate viewers from around the world making this holiday season a bright one!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson