Letter: A shot in the arm for Woody Creek
November 11, 2016
The Woody Creek community thanks all who helped put on the flu shot clinic here in our neighborhood.
The financial support of the Thrift Shop of Aspen made sure all — regardless of insurance coverage — received the shot at no charge, and the space was made possible by the support of The Manaus Fund, WC3 and The Gonzo Foundation.
Individuals who provided valuable facilitation for the financial support of and space for this event include Patty Stranahan, George Stranahan, Jane Dinsmoore, Cindy Kahn and Rob Pew.
Thanks also goes out to Jan Schoberlein and Rachel Fulfer, who helped with promotion; volunteers Andrew McGregor, Araceli Salido, Missy Prudden, Barton Craig and Tex Weaver, who gave a warm, comforting feel to this event; and to Pitkin County Public Health staff, Liz Stark and Sabrina Kertz, for their help organizing this event and for providing the injections, almost painlessly. And of course, thanks to all who showed up and bared arms.
Trending In: Opinion
- Paul Andersen: Those weed-loving goats of the Rio Grande are mesmerizing
- John Colson: Good call, CPW, on reopening Basalt gun range
- Roger Marolt: Time to spread traffic jam on a thick slice of Texas toast
- Sean Beckwith: A round of Razzies for Aspen and Snowmass
- Mike Littwin: Can Coffman, the escape artist, still break free when new poll shows him 11 points down?
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border