Letter: A shot in the arm for Woody Creek
November 11, 2016
The Woody Creek community thanks all who helped put on the flu shot clinic here in our neighborhood.
The financial support of the Thrift Shop of Aspen made sure all — regardless of insurance coverage — received the shot at no charge, and the space was made possible by the support of The Manaus Fund, WC3 and The Gonzo Foundation.
Individuals who provided valuable facilitation for the financial support of and space for this event include Patty Stranahan, George Stranahan, Jane Dinsmoore, Cindy Kahn and Rob Pew.
Thanks also goes out to Jan Schoberlein and Rachel Fulfer, who helped with promotion; volunteers Andrew McGregor, Araceli Salido, Missy Prudden, Barton Craig and Tex Weaver, who gave a warm, comforting feel to this event; and to Pitkin County Public Health staff, Liz Stark and Sabrina Kertz, for their help organizing this event and for providing the injections, almost painlessly. And of course, thanks to all who showed up and bared arms.
Trending In: Opinion
- Paul Andersen: Haunting memory of probing for a body after an avalanche
- Mike Littwin: How hot does a smoking gun need to be before Trump is truly burned?
- Tony Vagneur: Reminiscing for moment for a bit of perspective, posterity
- Roger Marolt: A slower shutter speed to capture a picture-perfect powder day
- Aspen Princess: Taking baby steps to navigate this back-breaking labor of love
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche
- Local arrested on FBI warrant over emails