Letter: A big boost for Aspen School District
November 11, 2016
It is with great delight and relief that I write to express my gratitude for the overwhelming support from our community in passing ballot initiatives 2A and 2D. When our state can't fulfill their responsibility to our children, we look for ways to ensure that our students continue to receive the award-winning education that the faculty, staff and Board of Education are determined to provide.
I also want to thank the army of volunteers who made phone calls, knocked on doors, wrote letters, and acted as our ambassadors within our community. Without their tireless work we would be facing difficult program, staff, faculty and support services cuts.
Now the district can move forward as good stewards of the resources and trust. Because of your confidence in us, we will continue to be an asset to the community and strive to prepare your children to be thoughtful and educated citizens of our ever-changing world.
Dr. John Maloy
Superintendent, Aspen School District
Trending In: Opinion
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River