Smokin’ chicks or just dumb people?
November 9, 2007
Last week’s decision by the Town of Snowmass Village to ban smoking in public places, including lift lines at the Snowmass ski area, fired up online readers of The Aspen Times.
Several responded to a Nov. 8 letter to the editor (“Where’s the logic?”) questioning the rationale for banning smoking in lift lines, but not on the chairlifts.
Said one reader:
But there was also this:
Someone else just had to ask:
Recommended Stories For You
Aspen voters last week approved a construction use that will help subsidize the city’s free bus system. Several readers took time to weigh in on whether or not riders should pay a fare to help support the cost of running the buses in response to the Times’ weekly online poll (the question remains online through Sunday).
Responded one reader:
There was also this:
The use tax approved by voters to fund transit, spurred comment after the Holiday House housing for Aspen Skiing Co. employees was destroyed by fire last week. Said a reader, in part:
Last week’s report regarding a house purchased by a city employee and her husband for $241,000, which is now on the market for $3.4 million, raised some eyebrows among online readers. There was this, for example:
And there was this:
The ongoing trials and tribulations of a local homeless comment elicited reader comment last week, including this excerpt:
Offered another, in part:
And, there was this:
– – – –
Readers may comment on any article at http://www.aspentimes.com, anonymously if they wish, by clicking on Comments at the top of the article. Comments reprinted here appear as they were posted, without editing or correction.
Trending In: Columns
- Deeded Interest: Lake Christine Fire put home sales, insurance in spin for a bit
- She Said, He Said: Boundaries key to avoiding break-up ‘backslide’ in small towns
- Dirty thirties: not a myth
- Zinke is letting corporations profit off our national parks
- Guest commentary: Where do we stand now with health care?
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border