Readers see red over traffic light
August 17, 2007
The Basalt Town Council balked last week at paying $553,337 for a new Highway 82 traffic signal at Original Road/East Valley, but still hopes to install the signal if it can bring down the price. Online readers of The Aspen Times, on the other hand, are less than enthused about seeing another signal light on the highway.
Several online readers took time to comment on the proposal. Wrote one:
And, there was this:
Some online readers also took time to praise the Aspen City’s Council’s rejection last week of the proposed Lodge at Aspen Mountain. Reactions to the decision included this one:
Recommended Stories For You
But, there was also this:
Roger Marolt’s Aug. 17 column, regarding the position Aspen Skiing Co. executives took on the hotel project, prompted this response:
Bear trouble in Aspen continued to generate comment, including this excerpt:
– – – –
Readers may comment, anonymously if they wish, to any article at http://www.aspentimes.com by clicking on Comments at the top of the article. Comments reprinted here appear as they were posted, without editing or correction.
Trending In: Columns
- She Said, He Said: Where is line between porn and cheating in a marriage?
- Guest commentary: Keep fighting for Bears Ears National Monument
- Dirty thirties: not a myth
- Guest commentary: Colorado Mountain College gives gratitude, promise for future
- She Said, He Said: My wife retired to enjoy the good life and now I don’t see her
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River