Readers see red over traffic light
August 17, 2007
The Basalt Town Council balked last week at paying $553,337 for a new Highway 82 traffic signal at Original Road/East Valley, but still hopes to install the signal if it can bring down the price. Online readers of The Aspen Times, on the other hand, are less than enthused about seeing another signal light on the highway.
Several online readers took time to comment on the proposal. Wrote one:
And, there was this:
Some online readers also took time to praise the Aspen City’s Council’s rejection last week of the proposed Lodge at Aspen Mountain. Reactions to the decision included this one:
Recommended Stories For You
But, there was also this:
Roger Marolt’s Aug. 17 column, regarding the position Aspen Skiing Co. executives took on the hotel project, prompted this response:
Bear trouble in Aspen continued to generate comment, including this excerpt:
– – – –
Readers may comment, anonymously if they wish, to any article at http://www.aspentimes.com by clicking on Comments at the top of the article. Comments reprinted here appear as they were posted, without editing or correction.
Trending In: Columns
- She Said, He Said: Boundaries key to avoiding break-up ‘backslide’ in small towns
- Dirty thirties: not a myth
- Guest commentary: Follow the money to health care’s undo administrative costs
- Deeded Interest: Lake Christine Fire put home sales, insurance in spin for a bit
- Guest commentary: Where do we stand now with health care?
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility