Readers lash out after TV report
December 29, 2006
Aspen, CO Colorado
Last week’s television news report on immigration by Tom Brokow, focusing on the Roaring Fork Valley and employer Gould Construction in Glenwood Springs, provoked a torrent of comment from online readers of The Aspen Times.
Articles about Brokow’s segment, and past coverage on the topic of immigration, garnered online comment from readers who had plenty to say about what they saw in the TV report.
Many lashed out at the construction firm for hiring immigrants identified as illegal by Brokow, even though Gould checked workers’ documents and turned away individuals whose documents were obviously forged. On the telecast, Mark Gould said immigrants are filling hard-labor jobs with his firm that Americans no longer want.
Said one reader:
Another offered this:
Recommended Stories For You
And, there was this:
Another reader offered this observation:
But, at least one reader sympathized with Gould:
– – – –
Readers may weigh in on any article at aspentimes.com, anonymously if they wish, by clicking on Comments at the top of the article. Comments reprinted here appear as they were posted, without editing or correction.
Trending In: Columns
- Deeded Interest: Lake Christine Fire put home sales, insurance in spin for a bit
- She Said, He Said: Boundaries key to avoiding break-up ‘backslide’ in small towns
- Dirty thirties: not a myth
- Zinke is letting corporations profit off our national parks
- Guest commentary: Where do we stand now with health care?
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border