Opening day, TSA rankle readers
November 17, 2006
Saturday’s early opening day of Aspen Mountain didn’t sit well with a number of Aspen Times readers, given the $32 lift ticket charge for any ski pass holder who didn’t buy the Premier Pass.
Neither did the security operation at the Aspen-Pitkin County Airport, after the Times reported on the disparity between the pay for local recruits working for the Transportation Security Administration, versus the crew that is brought in from elsewhere to help fill the ranks of security screeners.
Both topics generated plenty of comment among online readers of The Aspen Times.
On the topic opening day on Ajax, one reader had this to say:
Another had words of advise for new Aspen Skiing Co. President Mike Kaplan:
Recommended Stories For You
And there was this:
– – – –
On the topic of the TSA, readers were apparently equally displeased.
Wrote on reader:
Another had this to say:
– – – –
Readers at http://www.aspentimes.com may weigh in on topics, anonymously if they wish, by clicking on Comments at the top of any article. Comments reprinted here appear as they were posted, without editing or correction.
Trending In: Columns
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow