Horse slaughter, snow and the rumor mill
November 23, 2007
Aspen Times columnist Tony Vagneur touched a nerve with his Nov. 17 column, “A horseman’s dying dream,” about the potential fate of an old man’s beloved horses.
Some online readers of the Times offered to help:
There was also this:
A report last week on the limited terrain that would be available for opening day of the ski season at Aspen/Snowmass (lower Fanny Hill at Snowmass) elicited an observation. An excerpt:
Recommended Stories For You
And about that snow, the Aspen Skiing Company’s report of 12 inches of new snow atop Snowmass after an overnight storm last week spurred this online retort from an apparently dubious reader:
A report last week about the rumors fueled by the opening of a new story, Toddy’s, in Aspen, produced plenty of comments from readers who said they suffered financially at the hands of Tulsa businessman Todd Fox, who ” contrary to rumor ” apparently has no ownership interest in Toddy’s, a purveyor of high-end leather wraps and blankets.
Wrote one reader:
But one individual was disappointed to find locals weren’t weighing in on the story:
– – – –
Readers may comment on any article at aspentimes.com, anonymously if they wish, by clicking on Comments at the top of the article. Comments reprinted here appear as they were posted, without editing or correction.
Trending In: Columns
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow