‘Hell of a skier’ in readers’ thoughts
December 22, 2006
Aspen, CO Colorado
The death of skier Nicholas Blake Davidson in an avalanche at Snowmass last week elicited words of grief and remembrance among online readers of The Aspen Times.
The guilty plea entered by a Carbondale man who was charged in connection with the beating of another man in Snowmass Village after a concert last summer also provoked comment, and the online debate over Aspen High School football coach Travis Benson’s resignation raged on.
Regarding Davidson, one reader had this to say:
There was also this:
Recommended Stories For You
– – – –
An article regarding Justino Iglesias Ochoa’s guilty plea on a felony menacing charge prompted this response:
– – – –
On the topic of Benson, who resigned after it was suggested that Superintendent Diana Sirko’s husband step in as a mentor to the football program, one reader offered this observation regarding Athletic Director Carol Sams:
Another reader had this to say:
And, there was this:
One reader had to say:
And finally, there was this:
– – – –
Readers at http://www.aspentimes.com may weigh in on any article, anonymously if they wish, by clicking on Comments at the top of the article. Comments reprinted here appear as they were posted, without editing or correction.
Trending In: Columns
- Deeded Interest: Lake Christine Fire put home sales, insurance in spin for a bit
- Dirty thirties: not a myth
- Zinke is letting corporations profit off our national parks
- Guest commentary: Is there a moral basis for universal health care?
- She Said, He Said: Boundaries key to avoiding break-up ‘backslide’ in small towns
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- What’s the Big Deal: Nearly $11 million for Aspen condo