Free buses and pricey property taxes
December 14, 2007
Proposed free bus service between Aspen and Snowmass and columnist Su Lum’s musing on her property tax bill both generated comment among online readers of The Aspen Times.
The free bus ride was the focus the online opinion poll and an editorial.
“Free” isn’t really free, noted one reader:
Then came this response:
But, there was also this viewpoint:
Recommended Stories For You
Su Lum stired things up with her column about property tax windfalls to various taxing districts, thanks to skyrocketing local property values.
Observed one reader:
There was also this:
A report on Carbondale’s ongoing efforts to draft new dog regulations produced this observation:
And talk in Parachute of banning pit bulls vs. a broader ordinance aimed a vicious dogs spurred comment, as well:
– – – –
Readers may comment on any article at aspentimes.com, anonymously if they wish, by clicking on Comments at the top of the article. Comments reprinted here appear as they were posted, without editing or correction.
Trending In: Columns
- Deeded Interest: Lake Christine Fire put home sales, insurance in spin for a bit
- She Said, He Said: Boundaries key to avoiding break-up ‘backslide’ in small towns
- Dirty thirties: not a myth
- Zinke is letting corporations profit off our national parks
- Guest commentary: Where do we stand now with health care?
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border