Free buses and pricey property taxes
December 14, 2007
Proposed free bus service between Aspen and Snowmass and columnist Su Lum’s musing on her property tax bill both generated comment among online readers of The Aspen Times.
The free bus ride was the focus the online opinion poll and an editorial.
“Free” isn’t really free, noted one reader:
Then came this response:
But, there was also this viewpoint:
Recommended Stories For You
Su Lum stired things up with her column about property tax windfalls to various taxing districts, thanks to skyrocketing local property values.
Observed one reader:
There was also this:
A report on Carbondale’s ongoing efforts to draft new dog regulations produced this observation:
And talk in Parachute of banning pit bulls vs. a broader ordinance aimed a vicious dogs spurred comment, as well:
– – – –
Readers may comment on any article at aspentimes.com, anonymously if they wish, by clicking on Comments at the top of the article. Comments reprinted here appear as they were posted, without editing or correction.
Trending In: Columns
- She Said, He Said: Where is line between porn and cheating in a marriage?
- Guest commentary: Keep fighting for Bears Ears National Monument
- Dirty thirties: not a myth
- Guest commentary: Colorado Mountain College gives gratitude, promise for future
- She Said, He Said: My wife retired to enjoy the good life and now I don’t see her
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River