dotComments: ‘big box’ and sour grapes
November 11, 2006
The potential for a “big-box store” in Carbondale and the results of last week’ election captured the attention of online readers of The Aspen Times.
A big-box retailer was the focus of last week’s poll at http://www.aspentimes.com, and several online readers had something to say on the topic, posting online comments to the poll.
And, there was this:
Recommended Stories For You
– – – –
The election sparked comments on various ballot measures, including Snowmass Village resident Gail Schwartz’s election to Colorado Senate, unseating Sen. Lewis Entz in District 5. Said one reader:
And there was this:
Regarding the Pitkin County sheriff’s race, and the statewide amendment decriminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana (which failed), a reader had this to say:
In response came this:
– – – –
News of an Aspen High School drama teacher facing a felony charge for possession of child pornography also generated comment, including words of support:
But, there was also this:
– – – –
Finally, an Oct. 24 article regarding an appeals court decision ordering local real estate broker Joshua Saslove to repay $600,000 in a commission and interest to a pair of homeowners continues to generate online debate.
Comments of late include this excerpt:
– – – –
Readers at http://www.aspentimes.com may weigh in on topics, anonymously if they wish, by clicking on Comments at the top of any article. Comments reprinted here appear as they were posted, without editing or correction.
Trending In: Columns
- Dirty thirties: not a myth
- She Said, He Said: Boundaries key to avoiding break-up ‘backslide’ in small towns
- Guest commentary: Follow the money to health care’s undo administrative costs
- Jared Polis: Bringing Universal Health Care to Colorado
- Judson Haims: ‘Sandwich generation’ needs to find help faster for elder loved ones
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American