dotComments: ‘big box’ and sour grapes
November 11, 2006
The potential for a “big-box store” in Carbondale and the results of last week’ election captured the attention of online readers of The Aspen Times.
A big-box retailer was the focus of last week’s poll at http://www.aspentimes.com, and several online readers had something to say on the topic, posting online comments to the poll.
And, there was this:
Recommended Stories For You
– – – –
The election sparked comments on various ballot measures, including Snowmass Village resident Gail Schwartz’s election to Colorado Senate, unseating Sen. Lewis Entz in District 5. Said one reader:
And there was this:
Regarding the Pitkin County sheriff’s race, and the statewide amendment decriminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana (which failed), a reader had this to say:
In response came this:
– – – –
News of an Aspen High School drama teacher facing a felony charge for possession of child pornography also generated comment, including words of support:
But, there was also this:
– – – –
Finally, an Oct. 24 article regarding an appeals court decision ordering local real estate broker Joshua Saslove to repay $600,000 in a commission and interest to a pair of homeowners continues to generate online debate.
Comments of late include this excerpt:
– – – –
Readers at http://www.aspentimes.com may weigh in on topics, anonymously if they wish, by clicking on Comments at the top of any article. Comments reprinted here appear as they were posted, without editing or correction.
Trending In: Columns
- Scott Bayens: Correction or crash? They typically are healthy for real estate and financial markets
- She Said, He Said: Where is line between porn and cheating in a marriage?
- Dirty thirties: not a myth
- Giving Thought: Tax law could impact charitable giving
- Judson Haims: Understanding neuropathy can help with prevention
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)