Baby makes three
August 9, 2008
In anticipation of their son’s arrival, Drew and Bonnie Scott were the guests of honor at a couples’ shower earlier this summer. Throughout the afternoon of Sunday, June 29, approximately 50 friends and family members gathered to celebrate the Scotts’ induction into parenthood. Guests young and old attended the fiesta, with the younger set’s visits scheduled around nap times.
The hot summer day warranted plenty of time in the shade as everyone sought shelter under the confines of a pop-top tent, beneath the patio-table umbrella and inside the house. As the guys tended to the grill, the ladies coordinated an arts and crafts project, painting onesies for the new baby. As each artist’s unique creation was finished, it was hung to dry on the clothesline, which became an impromptu exhibit in the yard.
Just a few weeks later, on July 10, Towler Wilson Scott was born at 11:26 a.m. in Aspen Valley Hospital’s new Aspen Birth Center. Taking Drew’s mother’s maiden name, Towler (pronounced Tole-ler) weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces and measured 19 inches. Thanks to all of his parents’ friends, over the next few months Towler can be seen around the valley modeling an entire line of custom onesies.
Trending In: Columns
- Former Aspen ski patroller tells first responders how trauma-filled career led to rock bottom
- Aspen airport announces expanded service this spring
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Stop Sucking: A grassroots movement to eliminate plastic starts at the bar
- New signs to be installed at Woody Creek intersection at Highway 82