AYPA’s holiday party
December 6, 2007
The Aspen Young Professionals Association’s fifth annual member party at The Little Nell kicked off the holiday season last Tuesday. The recently remodeled Terrace Room was the setting of the festive event and was decorated with holiday floral arrangements and pine boughs from Harrington Smith.
Newlyweds Chris Kiley and Krystal England relived fond memories from their Oct. 6 wedding reception at The Nell with Melina Glavas, the hotel’s director of catering.
“We’re thrilled to launch the new Terrace Room,” added Glavas of the inviting space. “We added a seafood bar and are featuring Asian/South American fusion by Chef Ryan Hardy. There’s a great vibe here ” perfect for apres-ski.”
Always a great source of networking and meeting new friends, AYPA events often offer more than a social component. For the holiday party, members were asked to bring four items each to contribute to a canned food drive for LIFT-UP, a local, nonprofit organization dedicated to providing essential humanitarian assistance.
LIFT-UP was formed in 1982 and stands for Life Interfaith Team on Unemployment and Poverty. Boxes of donated goods from guests lined the wall behind the AYPA party’s registration tables.
As guests left the party, board members distributed AYPA mouse pads, quite the “apropos” parting gift for young professionals.
Trending In: Columns
- Dirty thirties: not a myth
- Guest commentary: Supporting Aspen’s 2A is a start, group says
- Giving Thought: Aspen Community Foundation learning, educating after Lake Christine Fire
- Judson Haims: Exploring pregnancy and how it relates to longevity, bone health
- She Said, He Said: Boundaries key to avoiding break-up ‘backslide’ in small towns
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman