Aspen City Council lives in a world of delusion
January 31, 2018
From Carolyn Sackariason's Jan. 29 report on the demise of the Boomerang Lodge project "[T]he cost of pulling the building permit alone is around $850,000."
From Carolyn's Jan. 28 report on the proposed restaurant at Little Annie's: "[A] November 2015 deed restriction placed on the property by the city of Aspen . . . says, “Low-priced restaurant means a restaurant offering menu items priced not more expensively, on a relative basis, when compared to other sit-down restaurants in Aspen, Colorado, than the current menu prices. Current menu prices are deemed those prices in the menu in effect at the Little Annie’s Restaurant on September 23, 2015."
City Council, hello! You can't impose countless irrational rules, regulations and out of pocket costs on entrepreneurs and expect them to build and operate the kind of town you are hallucinating in your weed-enhanced imaginations.
Trending In: Opinion
- Brothers arrested in drug-trafficking ring over Garfield and Eagle counties
- Business Monday: Alterra Mountain Co., entrepreneur at odds over ‘Ikon’ trademark
- Starwood HOA countersues resident for languishing home project outside of Aspen
- It’s jail, then probation for check-stealing dog-sitter
- Defendant bites back in Aspen dog-attack suit