Yes on 2A
October 1, 2010
There is an important question on the Nov. 2 ballot – Referendum 2A – Aspen lodging tax. This 1 percent increase will have a big impact on our ability to stay competitive. Tourism competition is fierce and we need to promote Aspen with positive messages. The Aspen lodging community already contributes in a variety of ways:
• We contribute to funding the sales efforts that complement the destination marketing plan and bring group business to Aspen in the shoulder seasons.
• We donate cash and trade to a variety of nonprofits and fundraisers, we believe in supporting our community partners.
• We collaborate to support event vitality including X Games, World Cup, Food and Wine by donating and discounting a significant number of rooms.
• We participate in community marketing initiatives like the Perfect Storm and Perfect Summer Pass – offering discounts at our lodges and condos.
Recommended Stories For You
• And most importantly, we employ thousands of locals who shop and dine locally and support our community.
Additional funding will help round out the entire marketing efforts year round. It’s the right direction for Aspen. The large majority of Aspen lodges support the collection of this tax. Please join the Aspen Lodging Association and vote yes on Referendum 2A.
president, Aspen Lodging Association