‘When Life Gives You Lululemons’
June 14, 2018
It's been 15 years since "The Devil Wears Prada" was published, and Lauren Weisberger has effortlessly continued the story line of a favorite character from the novel. "When Life Gives You Lululemons" follows the career of Emily Charlton, the first assistant to Miranda Priestly, who is now an image consultant on the West Coast.
Although life in Hollywood is exciting with her fabulous husband, Emily is worried that her client roster is slowly dwindling, thanks to younger competition stealing away her top celebrities one by one. All Emily needs is one big scandal to get back in the game to prove she can handle a crisis.
Karolina Hartwell is the answer to Emily's prayers. She's a former supermodel who has walked on every runway and graced the cover of every magazine. She's married to a senator who is on a fast track for the next presidential election. Unfortunately, Karolina is arrested for drunken driving with a carload of children.
Miriam is dear friends with both Emily and Karolina. Knowing Karolina would never put any children in danger, Miriam rushes to her friend's side to offer moral support and legal advice. Since Emily is in town visiting Miriam, she is ready to give advice on how to handle the situation.
Emily isn't a stranger to high-profile disputes. When details don't add up, Emily offers to get to the bottom of the real story while helping Karolina with her image. Together, the three women research the facts, make a plan, respond to the media and support one another as they navigate the whispers and gossip of the high-brow community.
Weisberger once again weaves a fun tale of how things aren't always as they seem, especially in the most dazzling neighborhoods. "When Life Gives You Lululemons" is the story of truth, lies and how everyone is a little bit insecure.
Trending In: Weekly
- Jazz Aspen June Experience: Lizz Wright; Leslie Odom Jr.; Lyle Lovett & the return of the gospel brunch
- Mountain Mayhem: Food & Wine Classic weekend
- Aspen Times Weekly: Anthony Bourdain 2.0
- Aspen Ideas Festival: What you really need to know this week
- High Country: The must-attend Aspen Ideas seminar for the marijuana-minded
- Glenn K. Beaton: We will not worship the Colorado Civil Rights Commission
- Romero Group buys Snowmass Mall for $28.5 million from Related Cos.
- Fire forcing evacuations in part of Oak Meadows outside Glenwood Springs
- Aspen Skiing Co. opens $10 million Lost Forest adventure center at Snowmass
- Forest Service rangers to enforce Pitkin County’s ATV ban around Aspen