August 29, 2018
This summer's stream of social activity around Aspen has included thought-provoking talks, rooftop concerts, community benefits, al fresco dinner parties, wine tastings, restaurant openings, and even a weekend with the circus in Snowmass. Reflecting on several of dates of note, June 11 saw a celebration in a cellar with Aspen dentist Dr. Andrew Turchin surrounded by six cosmetic dentists and their significant others at a wine tasting party for his first Cosmetic Confidence Coaching course.
The Fortune Brainstorm TECH Conference at the Aspen Institute, an invitation-only summer retreat for leaders from Fortune 500 companies, the top emerging entrepreneurs of the tech world, and the most important investors who finance them, took place from July 16 to 18.
On July 19, Aspen's only alpine supper club — 7908 — opened with a bang and an Aspen Magazine party supporting Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club.
On Aug. 5, the Aspen Animal Shelter hosted its third annual Dog Day Afternoon Community Carnival, open to one and all and fully hosted (read: for free) with food, drinks, a dunk tank, bouncy house, dog wash, art station, music and more. Event sponsor Josh Landis with Douglas Elliman Real Estate hosted a VIP (Very Important Pup) area with wines and a red carpet.
On Aug. 17, Town & Country magazine and Akris hosted a cocktail party and conversation on "Fashion and the Arts" moderated by T&C Styles feature director Erik Maza with Melissa Beste, Akris Global CEO, and Jackie Soffer, Turnberry chairman and CEO.
Aspen Center for Environmental Studies has presented various special evenings this summer at their campuses, including Ashcroft, from private dinners for donors to the Toklat Summer Dinner Series, the most recent one with guest speakers Tom and Jody Cardamone on Aug. 21.
Recommended Stories For You
For several summers now, The Zoppé Italian Family Circus has brought a spark to Snowmass Village from Aug. 17 to 19, entertaining audiences of all ages under the big top tent.
To reach May with invites and insights, email allthewaymaymay.com
Trending In: Weekly
- Ones to Watch at Aspen Filmfest 2018
- Finding aspens near Aspen: Fall colors hitting their peak around central Colorado
- Adios, Zocalito: Chef-owner Mike Beary departs Aspen for a Denver opening
- Celebrating September birthdays, end of summer at the annual white party
- Popularity of climbing indoors is on rise; might be time to get back in the harness
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility