Mountain Mayhem: Summer’s buzzing
June 14, 2018
As Aspen wakes up from springtime slumber, there's an undeniable buzz in the air. With garden parties, summer kick-off receptions, baby showers and birthday fetes aplenty, it's a bit of a challenge to keep the social calendar straight these days.
Local nonprofit Lead With Love partnered with Chef Barclay Dodge, his wife Molly, and their restaurant Bosq to host Wellbeing Lunches from June 4 to 9. Lunches were set on the sun-soaked patio and facilitated in a group discussion format, with three local expert hosts each day, and each host leading a table through prompts pertaining to the given theme.
The Limelight Hotels hosted a summer kickoff for industry friends at the Limelight Aspen on June 5 with signature dishes from the kitchen, cocktails and details and renderings from the forthcoming Limelight Snowmass.
On June 6, runners around the world took to the pavement and trails to participate in Global Running Day. The worldwide celebration of running encourages everyone to get moving, have fun being active and inspire others to join.
JAS Aspen Snowmass presented its family-friendly Crawfish & Cruisers party on the lawn at the Aspen Historical Society on June 7. Patrons enjoyed live music from local students and a low country feast in this magical lilac-filled setting.
On June 10, the second annual Pedaleando bike event took place at North Face Park in Carbondale. A community endeavor presented by Aspen Valley Ski & Snowboard Club, Aspen Center for Environmental Studies, Aspen Community Foundation and Valley Settlement, this gathering served as a celebration of cycling, health and sustainability in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
To reach May with invites and insights, email allthewaymaymay.com
Trending In: Weekly
- Jazz Aspen June Experience: Lizz Wright; Leslie Odom Jr.; Lyle Lovett & the return of the gospel brunch
- Mountain Mayhem: Food & Wine Classic weekend
- Aspen Times Weekly: Anthony Bourdain 2.0
- Aspen Ideas Festival: What you really need to know this week
- High Country: The must-attend Aspen Ideas seminar for the marijuana-minded
- Glenn K. Beaton: We will not worship the Colorado Civil Rights Commission
- Romero Group buys Snowmass Mall for $28.5 million from Related Cos.
- Fire forcing evacuations in part of Oak Meadows outside Glenwood Springs
- Aspen Skiing Co. opens $10 million Lost Forest adventure center at Snowmass
- Forest Service rangers to enforce Pitkin County’s ATV ban around Aspen