Mountain Mayhem: Save the Land Dance
September 27, 2015
The 12th annual "Save the Land Dance" took place on the fields of John Nieslanik's Carbondale ranch overlooking Mount Sopris on Aug. 22. Presented by the Aspen Valley Land Trust, the evening is a celebration of the organization's conservation work and a fundraiser to enable them to continue to lead such noble efforts.
The festivities included a cocktail reception, silent and live auctions, plein air painting by artist Andi Korber, a buffet dinner from the Hickory House, and dancing to the sounds of the Sandy Wells Band.
AVLT honored and acknowledged the families at the dance who have forever protected their properties as open lands for agriculture, wildlife habitat, scenic enjoyment and/or recreation. The evening also served as a fond farewell to executive director Martha Cochran, who is stepping down after 13 years at the helm and will be greatly missed for her many contributions.
For more information about AVLT, visit http://www.avlt.org.
Contact May with insights, invites or info: email@example.com
Trending In: Weekly
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director