Mountain Mayhem: Happy Ski Birthday!
November 29, 2017
Aspenite Tess Strokes celebrated her birthday on the slopes last Sunday, Nov. 26. The athletic mother of a 4-year-old ripper named Hagen started skiing herself at the ripe age of 2 and has had many a birthday on the snow. Skiing's in her blood, as well as her husband Greg's, and both embrace the sport and enjoy exposing it to their little guy.
She grew up skiing at Mount Bachelor near her hometown of Bend, Oregon. Her parents first met on the slopes of Sun Valley and her dad was a ski patroller in Mammoth and a ski instructor in Taos.
A dozen friends joined her on Aspen Mountain on Sunday for top-to-bottom runs then après drinks fireside. Her favorite run of the day — Silver Dip for "its pitch and good chalk" and her favorite cocktail over après — "spiked hot cocoa and sparkling rosé!"
Contact May with insights, invites or info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trending In: Weekly
- For our dogs’ sake, it may be time to put the smartphone down
- Aspen’s has its own French Quarter with new retailers on the scene
- Michael Franti, for the love and for Gunilla, at Belly Up Aspen
- Aspen Times Weekly: ‘The Front Runner’ at the Denver Film Festival
- ‘How will this look on my wall?’ There’s an app for that
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents