Mountain Mayhem: Family Feud, Aspen-style
February 7, 2018
What do Richard Dawson, Ray Combs, Louie Anderson, Richard Karn, John O'Hurley and Steve Harvey have in common? They have all been hosts on the wildly popular television game show, "Family Feud." What is one of various jobs held by local Vince Lahey? The hilarious host of Family Feud Aspen, a benefit for the Aspen Youth Center (AYC) for two years running.
On Feb. 2, AYC hosted its high-energy fundraiser at the Hotel Jerome, starting with a silent auction with scores of fabulous items, a cocktail reception and then dinner in the ballroom for the festivities. Eight teams of four competed onstage.
In the end, the winning team was the Sherman, Stiller team "Team Shiller," comprised of the savvy Rachel and Tony Sherman and Michelle and Ken Stiller.
According to AYC Executive Director Michaela Idhammar, AYC kids "Clare and Evan Williams stole the show with their speeches onstage. Our youth staff and volunteers and board of directors, really made it all possible that evening. Also, a huge thank you to the best staff a girl could ask for, Brittany LaClair and Cathy Rusnak! We are so thankful for everyone who joined us and continue to be humbled by the support from our community."
A very special thank you, Idhammar said, to title sponsor Laurie Michaels and David Bonderman and team sponsors Robin Smith and Meridian Jewelers, The Pevny Family, Alpine Bank, Rachel and Tony Sherman and Sue Smedstad.
The evening raised funds for AYC, accounting for approximately 25 percent to 30 percent of its annual budget. Supporters can still donate if they couldn't make it via http://www.aspenyouthcenter.org.
Recommended Stories For You
To reach May with invites and insights, email allthewaymaymay.com
Trending In: Weekly
- Writing Switch: Just the tips for dating in Aspen
- High Country: CBD Cult Favorite Lord Jones Lands At Cos Bar
- ‘How will this look on my wall?’ There’s an app for that
- John McEuen and former Nitty Gritty Dirt Band members to revisit ‘Will the Circle Be Unbroken’ in Aspen
- Hollywood in Aspen: Why a small Colorado mountain town plays host to the silver screen’s elite
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- What’s the Big Deal: $6.8 million for luxury cabin outside of Aspen
- Aspen man charged in political official assault
- Monday Business Briefs: Little Nell and Steakhouse No. 316 get props; Aspen estate bound for auction