Mountain Mayhem: Family Feud, Aspen-style
February 7, 2018
What do Richard Dawson, Ray Combs, Louie Anderson, Richard Karn, John O'Hurley and Steve Harvey have in common? They have all been hosts on the wildly popular television game show, "Family Feud." What is one of various jobs held by local Vince Lahey? The hilarious host of Family Feud Aspen, a benefit for the Aspen Youth Center (AYC) for two years running.
On Feb. 2, AYC hosted its high-energy fundraiser at the Hotel Jerome, starting with a silent auction with scores of fabulous items, a cocktail reception and then dinner in the ballroom for the festivities. Eight teams of four competed onstage.
In the end, the winning team was the Sherman, Stiller team "Team Shiller," comprised of the savvy Rachel and Tony Sherman and Michelle and Ken Stiller.
According to AYC Executive Director Michaela Idhammar, AYC kids "Clare and Evan Williams stole the show with their speeches onstage. Our youth staff and volunteers and board of directors, really made it all possible that evening. Also, a huge thank you to the best staff a girl could ask for, Brittany LaClair and Cathy Rusnak! We are so thankful for everyone who joined us and continue to be humbled by the support from our community."
A very special thank you, Idhammar said, to title sponsor Laurie Michaels and David Bonderman and team sponsors Robin Smith and Meridian Jewelers, The Pevny Family, Alpine Bank, Rachel and Tony Sherman and Sue Smedstad.
The evening raised funds for AYC, accounting for approximately 25 percent to 30 percent of its annual budget. Supporters can still donate if they couldn't make it via http://www.aspenyouthcenter.org.
Recommended Stories For You
To reach May with invites and insights, email allthewaymaymay.com
Trending In: Weekly
- Soul food: Deeper nourishment fuels Lead with Love 2018
- The pioneer of ruin: Amid a desolate mess in Cisco, Utah, a young woman resurrects a home
- ‘How will this look on my wall?’ There’s an app for that
- Mark Stevens’ latest Colorado wilderness thriller unravels a marijuana mystery
- A Lucky Night for Lucky Day
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first
- Aspen housing board lets man suffering from PTSD stay in home
- Glenn K. Beaton: James Madison doesn’t want your dead cat to vote, and maybe not you either
- Business Monday: Rustique, Cooking School of Aspen and The Cottage go under contract
- Aspen Skiing Co. to take over family-run Gwyn’s High Alpine at Snowmass in 2020