Mountain Mayhem: Crushing It
August 10, 2017
THE ASPEN ART MUSEUM'S summer fundraising efforts hit an all-time high this past week with its series of events from Wednesday, Aug. 2, through Friday, Aug 4. It was as festive as it gets starting with Wednesday's WineCrush at the home of Amy and John Phelan — an intimate evening of fine wine, gourmet cuisine and dancing under a tent festooned in a Moroccan theme. Preview Crush followed on Thursday at Baldwin Gallery with a chance to view the live and silent auction artworks, complimentary and open to one and all. Just a short walk to Casterline | Goodman Gallery, PreviewExtra provided an additional location to see said auction items. The main event staged on Friday — ArtCrush — returned to the base of Buttermilk in an uplifting environment, with the theme of hot-air balloons and multicolored lanterns draped from the ceiling of the big top tent. Here, the 2017 Aspen Award for Art was presented to renowned contemporary artist Lawrence Weiner, as guests also enjoyed an exquisite wine tasting, seated dinner, and live and silent auctions of major works of contemporary art. Afterward at AfterPartyCrush, DJ Eve Salvail entranced the dance floor at Belly Up. ArtCrush is presented by Sotheby's; Amy Phelan is event chair; sponsors include Audi, Dom Pérignon, Flexjet, J.P. Morgan, Southern Wine and Spirits and W Magazine with additional support from Aspen Skiing Company, Baldwin Gallery, Belly Up Aspen, Bethel Party Rentals, Casterline | Goodman Gallery, Halcyon Productions, Jay's Valet, Paddle8, Pink Monkey Solutions and Ship / Art Denver.
ArtCrush benefits the museum's educational and curatorial programming throughout the year. Through a gift from John and Amy Phelan, admission is always free. Visit http://www.aspenartmuseum.org for information, hours, exhibits and membership opportunities.
Contact May with insights, invites or info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trending In: Weekly
- Ones to Watch at Aspen Filmfest 2018
- Finding aspens near Aspen: Fall colors hitting their peak around central Colorado
- Adios, Zocalito: Chef-owner Mike Beary departs Aspen for a Denver opening
- Celebrating September birthdays, end of summer at the annual white party
- Popularity of climbing indoors is on rise; might be time to get back in the harness
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west