Mountain Mayhem: Aspen Winternational
December 5, 2015
The world's fastest women skiers took on Aspen Mountain's steep slopes over the weekend for Aspen Winternational. All eyes were on Aspen for the races, which were broadcast live on NBC and NBC Sports. A clip of Mikaela Shiffrin skiing Aspen Mountain in a Broncos jersey also made its way on air during the Patriots/Broncos game Sunday night.
As the only stop of the women's Audi FIS Ski World Cup tour in the United States, the celebration stretched three days with a giant slalom race on Friday, and slalom races over the weekend. The race course was in prime condition, thanks to early-season snow blanketing the slopes, bolstered by snowmaking crews' diligent efforts.
As racers charged toward the finish line they were greeted with a sea of color, seeing fans holding banners to international flags mounted on the grandstands and the Sentient Jet hospitality tent and even a handful of spectators in costume cheering them on with flair. For results and more info, visit http://www.usskiteam.com.
Contact May with insights, invites or info: email@example.com
Trending In: Weekly
- Aspen Times Weekly: ‘The Front Runner’ at the Denver Film Festival
- Aspen’s has its own French Quarter with new retailers on the scene
- For our dogs’ sake, it may be time to put the smartphone down
- The outdoor recreation economy is choosing Colorado
- Michael Franti, for the love and for Gunilla, at Belly Up Aspen
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Micro-housing and free market river cabins part of new proposal for Basalt’s Pan and Fork