August 3, 2017
While a mojito is not revolutionary idea, a $5 cocktail in Aspen may be. "It's the best deal in town," Justice Snow's waitress Iris Lopez said of the American bar and restaurant's mojito. "But not too many people know about it." (You're welcome). To be clear, Justice's mojito isn't just cheap; it's also delightful. Crafted with fresh lime juice and mint leaves, soda water, a little simple syrup and rum (Don Q during happy hour), the drink is crisp, refreshing and not overly sweet. "Everything is fresh," Lopez added. "Nothing is from concentrate." One patron sitting at the bar Monday described the drink as "the best mojito in town." Maricel Rossi, who works at a taqueria in town, said Justice Snow's is her go-to happy hour and mojito spot. Perhaps the best part of Justices' happy hour is its window of availability – offered daily "from when we open" to 6 p.m., a bartender said this week. Monday to Friday that's 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; weekends, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Craving the cocktail after 6 p.m.? Fret not; at $9 a beverage during non-happy hour, it's still a steal compared with other Aspen hot spots.
Trending In: Weekly
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents