Libations: Drinking in the view of Aspen’s aspens
September 20, 2018
This time of year, drinking in the view is full of double meanings around the patios of Aspen.
With Wagner Park returned to the locals after a full-on Ruggerfest weekend (way to rally, Gentlemen of Aspen), the outdoor space at Jimmy's Bodega is one of the sweet spots to take in Aspen Mountain's aspens.
To get in the autumn mood, we went this week with one of the selections from the Bodega's "Juicy Bottles" collection with a bit of an fall tinge.
While there are five premixed drinks to choose from served in swing-top bottles, we're going with "Naked & Famous" inspired by famed mixologist Joaquin Simo.
A whiskey glass with a thinly sliced lime at the bottom with a solid, square ice cube on top as the start, the mix is centered around the solid flavor of Del Maguey Vida Mezcal, which is twice distilled in wood-fired copper stills near a river in the southern Mexico state of Oaxaca.
Add to that some Aperol (with its orange color) and sweet yellow Chartreuse and you're enjoying fall foliage while drinking in the view.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Weekly
- From horses to hemp: ‘America’s Most Trusted Horseman’ John Lyons eyes his second calling
- Mountain Mayhem: Flamingo Gala for AEF
- Food Matters: A mocktail pairing dinner serves a sober message
- Through thick and thin, Aspen Mountain snowmaking crew plays key role getting ski area open
- Writing Switch: For whom the bell tolls? It tolls for he
- Shake-up at Aspen Skiing Co. over alleged retail racket
- Two early-morning earthquakes rattle Glenwood Springs
- Ski community says goodbye to Aspen’s Bob Beattie
- Developer to city of Aspen: $150M in tax revenue to come in if base of mountain is redeveloped
- Willoughby: Aspen’s dubious history of cloud seeding