Legends & Legacies: Snowmass scene
December 13, 2018
"Snowmass Mall is where to be on Tuesday night," announced the Aspen Flyer in 1981. "Every Tuesday night is a special night on the mall at Snowmass Resort. The shops stay open until 9 p.m. and offer weekly specials. The restaurants often drop their cover charges for the Tuesday night festivities … and they too offer specials on meals and drinks. If you don't have your own transportation, don't worry … you can catch the county bus at Rubey Park at 5 p.m. or at several other times during the evening (also see the ad for the schedule) and you can take the 'midnight special' county bus back to Aspen. Have a good time… if it's Tuesday, it must be Snowmass." The image above shows the Popcorn Wagon in the Snowmass Village Mall in the late 1970s.
This photo and more can be found in the Aspen Historical Society archives at aspenhistory.org.
Trending In: Weekly
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche
- Aspen parks its $2.6 million transit experiment