From the Vault: Club Level
March 8, 2018
"Four Seasons Club finishes alterations," announced The Aspen Times on Nov. 20, 1947. Regarding the popular après-ski spot, the paper continued: "The alterations that have been in process for the past several weeks will be finished by Thanksgiving, Walter Haug announced late this week. Haug said he was pleased to be able to say that a propane heating plant is being installed and should be in running order by the last of next week. The upstairs lounge with the fireplace is all but finished, and, if the furniture arrives in time, should be open by Thanksgiving. The lounge will be furnished as a comfortable sitting room where members may relax in comfortable chairs before a bright fire after a day outdoors. Drinks will be served in the lounge, and the room will be available for dinner and cocktail parties." The photograph above shows people enjoying drinks at the Four Seasons Club, 1947.
This photo and more can be found in the Aspen Historical Society archives at aspenhistory.org.
Trending In: Weekly
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Aspen icon ‘Benny the Blade’ found off bike path, hospitalized
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Ex-Aspen Valley Hospital nurse files federal complaint
- Accidental gun discharge in Aspen leads to probation