Aspen Times Weekly Libation: Rekorderlig Pear Cider
September 25, 2014
Call it destiny. First, I love cider beer. So, when a few weeks back, a friend returned from a trip to Sweden and joined us for a night of camping with a cold Rekorderlig in her hand, I was more than happy to try the Swedish pear cider. A week later, while at the Aspen Mac and Cheese Fest, another friend turned up from the local liquor store with a Rekorderlig pear cider to sip while sampling all the cheesy goodness around us. Then, the email came through: "INVITE Rekorderlig Cider Launch Party at The Sky Hotel in Aspen." Really? Clearly, some otherworldly force has been calling on me to drink — and write about — this (thank you, Gunner!). So, I went to the tasting and was as happy as I imagined I'd be. Three types of cider beers — pear, strawberry-lime and wild berries — served up in cocktail fashion, with suggestions for other ways to enjoy this imported cider brand (straight out of the can; as a mixer for liquor). My fave so far: the Pear Perfect, as it was the least sweet of the offerings. But don't get me wrong…I recognize the divine intervention on my introduction to Rekorderlig and will imbibe accordingly.
Rekorderlig Pear Cider
Serve in a tall glass over ice.
Trending In: Weekly
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says