September 13, 2018
It's safe to say that all had a ball at the field day competition last weekend during the second annual Aether Games. Teams registered for $500 a pop to take part in the spirited afternoon benefiting the Aspen Youth Center (AYC) and their free after-school and all day summer programs for local youth. Aspen clothing store AetherMTN served as the host sponsor, taking over Rio Grande Park with stations such as tug of war, obstacle courses, sack races and more. As AYC typically has kids play games that are overseen by adults, this time the tables were turned with adults at play and AYC kids as the referees.
Everyone enjoyed a delicious lunch buffet from Home Team BBQ with canned brews from Roaring Fork Brewery plus gift bags including a commemorative cup and an Aether T-shirt. Following the awards ceremony and the presentation of the trophy to Team 17, Aether co-founders Palmer West and Jonah Smith treated all to drinks at an after party at Jimmy's Bodega and an invitation to come back next year for round three!
To reach May with invites and insights, email allthewaymaymay.com
Trending In: Weekly
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday