A Lucky Night for Lucky Day
October 18, 2018
Italian hotspot l'Hostaria opened its doors for the biannual "Bone Appetite" benefit on Oct. 11, welcoming diners throughout the evening for traditional Italian fare and hospitable service. With a full dining room and bar throughout the night, the response was heartwarming with many pet owners and animal lovers in the mix, all dining in the name of a worthy cause as 20 percent of the proceeds were directed to Lucky Day Dog Rescue.
Lucky Day is a foster-only-based rescue group, meaning they do not have a facility nor the overhead that would come with this.
Their mission is to rescue, rehabilitate and find forever homes for animals at risk, regardless of age or breed, issue or amount of time needed that is within our means, in conjunction with providing educational services and spay/neuter programs to the community.
They have helped place hundreds of animals in new homes from Aspen to Glenwood Springs, including a pup named Blue who lives with local Susanne Morrison and a dog named Buster James who lives with her friend Barbara Frank. "I love my Lucky Day dog," said Susanne, who recently rescued the female dog and brought home with her husband and two sons. "I finally got my girl."
Seven years ago, Barbara originally thought she would foster dogs and then kept the first one she met. "I thought I was fostering a dog, but I got a best friend."
Learn more by visiting http://www.luckydayrescue.org.
Recommended Stories For You
To reach May with invites and insights, email allthewaymaymay.com
Trending In: Weekly
- Aspen Times Weekly: ‘The Front Runner’ at the Denver Film Festival
- Aspen’s has its own French Quarter with new retailers on the scene
- For our dogs’ sake, it may be time to put the smartphone down
- The outdoor recreation economy is choosing Colorado
- Michael Franti, for the love and for Gunilla, at Belly Up Aspen
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Micro-housing and free market river cabins part of new proposal for Basalt’s Pan and Fork