Tweet All About It: Trump, Aspen and aviation
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “Dear @realDonaldTrump, you can’t ski worth a damn either. We do appreciate that you’ve stayed away! #Aspen” — @DaliDager
• “Trump did not know me, but when I struck a conversation w/him 20+ years ago in Aspen, he asked for MY opinion on a subject. #Trump2016” — @TrumpVsHilary
• “Agree with orange Ameriführer that the US is a crumbling hellscape, so we’re demanding a 10% discount on the Aspen mansion we’re eyeing.” — @relevantorgans
• “Even #Aspen has street beggars, which I just can’t support. There are so many jobs here!” — @MagellanDG
• “Why is there a F14 flyover in #Aspen right now?! That was sick. 8 fighter jets!!” — @MagellanDG
• “There’s a few #airports I love to land a small plane in: #StBarths and now #Aspen. Beautiful!” — @rebeccamg
• “Aspen. You’re gorgeous. I’d love a second date.” — @robranney
• “Due to iffy weather I’m not at Grey Lady Aspen today, BUT I look forward to seeing you at Aspen Square Grouper…” — @rebeccamg
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
Vail broke the $200 lift ticket barrier during the holidays last winter. Aspen hasn’t topped the $200 mark yet, but both resorts are raising their peak prices this season.