Tweet all about it: The best and worst of #Aspen
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets about Aspen (at least those that are printable) and publish them on Sunday.
• “I want to open a bar called Aspen and use the slogan “where the beer flows like wine” and have an ice bar and luge every night.” — JordanHashtag
• “According to our buddies at @weatheraspen, #aspen will be hitting 70 degrees today or tomorrow. Break out the flip flops!” — @Aspen82
• “I’ll be in Aspen. Skiing. With actual snow. I hear that helps” —@annafowler__
• “Welcoming #wine geeks 2 #Aspen 4 the Master Sommelier exam. Good luck 2 our own @CarltonMcCoy & Tim Baldwin!” —@TheLittleNell
• “The fishing’s so good in Snowmass, you won’t even have to go out to dinner.” —@alpineaspen
• “i really wanna go to somewhere like Aspen and stay in a pine lodge and wear big jumpers and drink coffee and be all romantic with life” —@melaysh
• “If she’s named after a physical feature, city or Indian tribe, she’s a stripper/ hooker. My first lap dance was done by ‘Aspen.’” —@NlGHTLIFE
• “So I’m going to see Tech9 tonight at the Belly Up Aspen… EFFFF YEAHHHH” —@TeresaAudet
• “Better get your raft on Aspen, face of Bell is melting off quick.” — @nordictrecker
• “’What are you doing in Aspen?’ I brought you your briefcase. You left it at the airport, you big goof!!” — @MuttCutts
The Aspen Times is on Twitter as well. Simply type in “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Tenants at the city’s oldest deed-restricted housing complex, Centennial Apartments, faced rent hikes as high as 30% in January that sent city, county, and APCHA officials into closed-door meetings with the relatively new landlord, Birge & Held.