Tweet All About It: Licking their chops
Each week we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “The Aspen trees around Thomas Lakes are in full glory right now. Get out there and climb Mt Sopris…” — @SteepSkiing
• “Hopefully taking a trip to the gorge soon and a trip to aspen in jan. for the Xgames. Please excuse me while i try to contain my excitement!” — @nkuPIKETim
• “Bummer! Sept. 20 @RedBull Rise in Aspen postponed til ‘15. Was going to be an epic 12-hour race up mtn w/ gondola rides down” — @brianmetzler
• “2015 skis are all in at Gorsuch under the Aspen Mountain gondola” — @AspenJB
• “The fact that we’re going to Aspen this year like we used to makes me SO happy” — @ThePsyKing
• “Today I’ll be smoking a bowl in Aspen, CO then going on a hike. Top that. You can’t.” — @ShowMeCharlotte
• “I’m so pumped to go to Aspen over winter break to snowboard and get drunk for a week!” — @whitneyp_07
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
The Aspen City Council directed staff to move forward with the Burlingame early childhood education center, but decided it needs more information on the affordable housing units that are part of the schematic design at a work session Monday.