Tweet all about it: lemonade and Disneyland
July 23, 2011
ASPEN – Each week we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday.
Here’s what we found – in their unedited, unspellchecked form – last week.
• “Apparently even kids’ lemonade stands in Aspen are overpriced. $2 for a cup!” – brooksbell
• “I feel like Aspen is Disneyland for adults. I keep waiting for Tinkerbell to pop out of a tree and offer me a cocktail.” – JenNedeau
• “Tip I learned while performing outside@ Aspen Music Festival: run ice cold water over insides of your wrists. It’ll instantly cool you down.” – soapwalla
• “Can anyone explain why Aspen CO, a town of less than 10k, has a music venue (Belly-Up) that rivals/beats any of Nashville’s? Great city!” – FanBank
Recommended Stories For You
• “I had forgotten how dated Aspen seems. Not in a bad way, but it’s cut from the same era as Carmel, CA” – jw
• “Stuck in a torrential hail storm in Aspen. My umbrella is useless – I need a helmet.” – StefanJackiw
• “In Aspen. In a real rainstorm. Wouldn’t be out of place in Calcutta. Rain. Lots of it. Thunder. In proper peals. Lightning. In lashes” – jobsworth
• “Epic ride on the Government Trail near Aspen, CO. The meadows full of wild flowers were awesome” – gblarson
• “Just cycled 18 miles up to Aspen! Hot tub alert!” – goldiehawn
• “First impression of Aspen: Place really needs an early morning coffee shop…” – danprimack
The Aspen Times is available on Twitter as well:Simply type in TheAspenTimes on Twitter (no spaces) and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.