Tweet All About It: It’s all downhill from here
Each week we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “You can take the Pass to Aspen, visit the Maroon Bells and make some turns on AJAX this weekend. Whose in?” — @AspenMeadows
• “Friends of liberty, Please send donations to: Lee Mulcahy for Senate 53 Forge Aspen CO 81611” — @artistinaspen
• “In Aspen Colorado the snow on the mountain tops R melting at an alarming rate. Tell that 2 Pat Sajak!” — @getdownwolfie
• “Yesterday I was convinced that I should pack up and move to Aspen. Today, I’m thinking the NY, Philly and Jupiter Island gardens need me.” — @ChristineMGale
• “Yep, Aspen will reopen for skiing on Memorial Day Weekend” — @TIME
• “Happy 5/20 everybody! Cheers to four years of friends, fun + fresh eats.” — @520Grill
• “I wanna go skiing in Aspen!” — @_prettygritty
• “I don’t believe Aspen is opening 21 runs for Memorial Weekend. Why bother to close? Snow! Snow no” — @BLH_BLH
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
There is a lot of pent up energy among hikers and bikers to get into the high country, but snow fields, avalanche debris and high stream crossings are presenting challenges later than usual. Forest rangers with the Aspen-Sopris District provide trail condition reports that are updated each week so hikers and backpackers aren’t caught unaware.