Tweet All About It: In good company
Each week, we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and display them on Sunday’s page A2.
• “CO Gov. Hickenlooper should send Syrian refugees to Aspen. Aspen loves affordable housing & has a great movie theater” — @carengoodrich
• “Stoked to receive my official invite for the 2016 @xgames today! Get ready aspen, I’m coming for yah!…” — AlexMassieSBX
• “No better feeling than buying plane tickets to somewhere fun see you in January, Aspen” — @jbea30
• “Pumped to see Levi LaVallee invited back to Winter X Games Aspen for both snowmobile events!” — @teamlavallee
• “Wish I didn’t live 4 hours from Aspen 🙁 I want to go to @XGames so bad” — @its_lexxay
• “‘We were suppose to spend Thanksgiving in Paris but thanks to some assholes, now we’re going to Aspen instead.’ Must be rough kid.” — @USHistoryTchr
• “Congratulations to @nationalbook award winner Adam Johnson! He’ll be in #Aspen on Feb 13 for Winter Words #NBAwards” — @AspenWords
• “this aspen trip.. i promise to ride elk back (w/ a herd of other elk) to town, rip off a buick hood, and ski dat bih down the highest peak!” — @Wizz_Dumb
• “The best places to hobknob are events like Aspen and Davos, where the wealthy get to pretend they have empathy.” — @Honest_Hillary
The Aspen Times can be found on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
The city of Aspen’s office building is exempt from paying encroachment fees, yet private developers have to now pay $9 a square foot, per month, starting in 2020.