Tweet all about it: Fired up about the ﬁrst lady
Aspen, CO Colorado
ASPEN – Each week we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets (at least those that are printable) about Aspen and publish them on Sunday.
Here’s what we found – in their unedited form – last week:
• “Michelle Obama’s weekend ski trip to Aspen makes it 16 times that Obamas have gone on vacation in 3 years. Insensitive.” – @realDonaldTrump
• “So, Michelle Obama is Aspen skiing with the 1 percenters? How lovely.” – @KatMcKinley
• “While the entire world plummets into financial dispare, Michelle Obama’s livin like Oprah in Aspen, while her husband entertains..” – @PietroSantilli
• “Michelle Obama hits the slopes in Aspen a month after Hawaiian holiday… That’s great, I was starting to worry about her overworking.” – @hogsatemysister
• “My mother thinks it would be a good idea for me to ‘visit my cousin’ in Aspen so I can meet single men. What?? When did she become my pimp?” – @MalibuRVA
• “Made it to Aspen. That little plane was bouncing like a rodeo bull. I’m not famous enough to die yet.” – @MySmartass
• “Next ski trip booked- Aspen, the most chic of all ski resorts- no conference- pure skiing all day- can’t wait” – @Hinaheartdoc
• “All things being equal, I’d rather be skiing in Aspen wearing a $2,400 dress and $600 sneaker” –
• “1887: Aspen was the first town to provide electricity to all its residents” – @ConnectColorado
The Aspen Times is available on Twitter as well. Simply type in “TheAspenTimes” in the search bar (no spaces, please) and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
The long drives to Denver to play competitive club softball and fine-tune her skills during the offseason are paying off for Glenwood Springs High School senior Kiera Larson.