Tweet All About It Aspen: Name dropping
Each week we pick out our favorite and not-so-favorite tweets about Aspen (at least those that are printable) and publish them on Sunday’s page A2. Here’s what we found last week, in their unedited form:
• “Forget NYPD Police Commisioner R. Kelly, I really feel bad for Aspen Police Chief Richard Pryor.” — J_Lauer
• “Hakeem Olajuwon says a Howard-Lin combo could be ‘very deadly’ after working with them in Aspen” — @HoustonRockets
• “Aspen is, well, Aspen. Its not only for the rich and famous. Its for all of us. “ — @dcmdoug
• Why do all the richy rich ppl go to Aspen if you want a classy ski town go to Breckinridge that’s my hometown its the best town in CO” — @indiotheidiot
• “Has rained 4 some part of every day since Aug 1 in #Aspen – my prediction is a doozy of a winter/ski season! Book ur tkts now or miss out!” — @ShellyHamill
• “Awesome run this morning in the mountain air – first snow in Aspen and you can feel the chill in Denver :)” — @GrimeyGatsb
• “A little snow on the peaks this morning in #Aspen Shame my camera isn’t good enough to capture it. You’ll have to come visit!” — @jeffhembury
The Aspen Times is on Twitter, as well. Simply type “TheAspenTimes” (no spaces) into the search bar, and get daily updates on what’s happening in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
The city of Aspen’s office building is exempt from paying encroachment fees, yet private developers have to now pay $9 a square foot, per month, starting in 2020.