Too many homes and too little space
December 9, 2007
From: Jennifer Vanian, Glenwood Springs
Rezoning the Cattle Creek property on Highway 82 for 979 houses is the biggest mistake this valley has ever seen. I am truly, truly sad to see this land changed from 230 homes to 979. It is almost unbearable.
Five reasons that the area should not change zoning are:
1) Permanent losses of prime riparian habitat and important elk migration.
Recommended Stories For You
2) Unthinkable car congestion.
3) Unsustainable fragmented community.
4) The county commissioners use of vague and misleading language and insufficient time for public comment.
5) “Pave paradise and put up a parking lot!” This project makes Aspen Glen look like Wyoming to me.
Please call your county commissioners ” John Martin at 945-7056, Tresi Houpt at 384-3665 and Larry McCowen at 625-8095. Nobody can expect these people to do the job they were elected to do if people can’t be expected to talk to them about how they would like to see growth developed.
The next meeting is Wednesday, Dec. 12 ” a very short time away. I urge everyone in Garfield Valley who has to drive Highway 82 and see the dead elk all winter long to make these calls!