‘Thanks’ for the toxins
A crew of landscapers was spraying the herbicide Super Trimex at the Aspen airport today while I was at my car rental job. I noticed an odd smell at the counter where I was working and began to look for the source. Out the office window, a Latino landscaper was spraying the grass with some foul-smelling chemical. I went out to ask him what it was. His English was not very good, but he was able to tell me it was Super Trimex that he was applying rather heavily to the grass.
I Googled Super Trimex and found out it was related to Agent Orange, the infamous Vietnam war defoliant. Several websites noted that even when applied in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, it is a toxic substance and there is no safe exposure level. Children and pets are especially susceptible to its effects: Dogs, for example, were found to be four times as likely to develop canine lymphoma if they lived in a household that used Super Trimex or similar products. The website for Grassroots Environmental Education is a good source of information on the nasty effects of this questionable product and also offers information on nontoxic alternatives.
So, to the managers who decided to expose all of us who work at or use the Aspen airport to this evil aerosol that has been linked to cancers and neurological diseases, I would like to say, thanks a lot for poisoning us at work today, idiots.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.