Thanks all around
A heartfelt thank-you to everyone involved with the creation of an edible garden inside the courtyard of Basalt Elementary School, including:
• The Aspen Skiing Co. Environment Foundation and all ASC employees for the initial capital grant;
• Jennifer Craig of Woody Creek for her donation of materials, seed, gardening advice, expertise and time;
• Ali Wade of Edible Home Gardens for the design, planting and curriculum ideas;
• Bruce Upton and his guys for the installation of the garden, from taking out the sod and building the raised beds and the irrigation to building the fence;
• Tara Haas for orchestrating the implementation of the garden and her gardening time and efforts;
• And all of the parents, teachers, school staff and children who helped seed and maintain the garden this summer.
To see the fruits of labor and love go to http://besediblegarden.shutterfly.com/.
Paulina Vander Noordaa
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.